The covert world of spying has always been TOP-SECRET. Not anymore! Help us uncover espionage stories and serve the nation's capital as a volunteer with the International Spy Museum.
Museum volunteers play an essential role in inspiring and engaging our audiences and supporting behind-the-scenes work. Volunteers greet and welcome visitors, provide information, and support staff in a variety of functions.
The International Spy Museum is recruiting adult volunteers to join our Guest Services team, with our next training scheduled for October 2023.
Guest Services Volunteer
Guest Services volunteers are stationed at the Museum’s information desk and strategically throughout the Museum to serve as a resource to visitors who require orientation and information. As part of the Guest Services Department, volunteers greet and welcome visitors to the Museum, encourage the exploration of the museum’s exhibition, provide wayfinding, and assist our visitors with external questions related to their visit, including transportation, nearby restaurant options, and other DC attractions.
- Welcome guests and assist them in planning and organizing their visit.
- Provide wayfinding assistance to our visitors in the lobby and galleries.
- Explain and demonstrate RFID technology to guests participating in the Undercover Mission
- Initiate conversations with visitors in the Museum’s galleries using exhibit content to spark new questions and ideas.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- A Background check is required.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Must attend and complete all required training.
- Volunteer a minimum of 8 hours a month (4 – two-hour shifts) for a minimum of one year.
- An engaging, outgoing personality.
- Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient in changing environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Ability to represent the Museum in a positive and professional manner.
- Comfortable working with large crowds and in loud spaces
- Ability and willingness to stand for extended periods.
- Access to special lectures, events, and training related to the Museum.
- Professional development opportunities and Museum sponsored field trips.
- Museum store discounts.
- Two complimentary tickets to the Museum.
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event.
Interested? Fill out the online volunteer application, and we will contact you within 14 days.