The Museum’s doors may be closed but we can still offer your students an engaging, interactive field trip…virtually! Our award-winning, live, educator-led workshops can accommodate up to 40 students (in a classroom or at home). The Museum can connect with you and your students using our password-protected Zoom room or we can use your school’s virtual platform.
- Take a peek at the workshop choices below.
- Fill out and submit a VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP REQUEST FORM.
- We will contact you to schedule a program.
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP OFFERING:
Spy School 101
Grades: 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12
Time: 45 minutes
Explore the shadow-world of espionage through the stories, artifacts, and tradecraft that only the Spy Museum can uncover! Students will learn about the secret world of spying and engage in interactive activities that will answer the question: Could you be a spy?
A link to download a pre-program packet is sent prior to the program. No materials are needed for the program.
Mind Games: Intelligence Analysis
Grades: 6-8 or 9-12
Time: 45 minutes
Spies go out into the world to collect secrets, but without analysis, there is no real meaning. Analysts comb through collected intel to find connections and patterns, sniff out deception, and give context – all while avoiding the mental traps that can skew their results. Now it is your students’ chance to test their skills, uncover their cognitive biases, and dive into the world of intelligence analysis!
A link to download a worksheet will be sent prior to the program. No materials other than a pencil and the worksheet are needed.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com or call 202.654.0933.
The International Spy Museum is a proud recipient of a Pinnacle Award and Honorary Mention from the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC). This award is based on program evaluation ratings from participating educators.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Our school is physically closed. Can we connect with SPY if all students are in a different location? Absolutely! The great thing about videoconferencing is that all you need to do is provide your students with the Zoom link we send you and they can connect into the virtual field trip!
- Can only schools book a SPY virtual field trip? No – we are happy to do our programs for friend groups, Scout troops, libraries, clubs. If you’re interested…we’re game!
- What security measures do you have in place for your Zoom room? For each virtual field trip, the Museum creates a unique Zoom room link just for that class. We include a unique, private password and enable the “waiting room” feature. We will send a URL link (with password information) to the lead teacher who can then share it with students. We recommend not posting the link on social media. At the start of the program, we will let the teacher/leader into the Zoom room and then allow them to let the students in.
- My school district does not allow us to use Zoom. Can we use our school’s videoconference technology? Yes – just send the SPY educators the link or information to connect into your classes virtual room and make us the “co-host” or “presenter.” We are familiar with Google Meet, GoToMeeting and Microsoft Teams but are happy to use any platform if we can share our screen.
- What is the format of a SPY virtual field trip? Our virtual programs are interactive and highly conversational. SPY educators encourage active participation and we do our best to ensure that all students interact. Even though participants might not be physically in the same room, we try and allow for as much discussion as possible. We also leave time at the end of each program for questions and dialogue.
- What are teachers saying about Spy’s virtual field trips?
- Thank you so much for the wonderful field trip experience! Our students (teachers and parents too) really enjoyed it and we learned a lot. It's so great that [SPY] can still do things like this even while we are social distancing! – 5th grade teacher from Frederick, MD
- I just wanted to say thank you for the Spy School program yesterday! The kids were super engaged, and I appreciate how well you managed everything! We even got non-solicited positive feedback from families. – 8th grade teacher from San Jose, CA
- We thought it was the best virtual program that we have had for our grade level. I would highly recommend it to others! – high school history teacher, Little Falls, NJ