The safety of the Spy Museum visitors, staff, and collections is of the highest importance. Please note:
- Individuals and items may be subject to inspection upon entry to Museum premises.
- Guests may not display or carry placards, signs, or banners and may not solicit for commercial or charitable purposes or distribute advertisements, pamphlets, handbills and flyers.
- Weapons of any type are strictly prohibited.
To enhance the experience of all guests, and to protect the exhibits and artifacts, please note the following policies within all Museum exhibition areas:
- No flash photography/videography*
- No food, drink, or chewing gum (bottled water is permitted and may be consumed in non-exhibit areas)
- No smoking
- No pets (only service animals are allowed inside the building)
- No use of cellular/mobile telephones
- Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- No strollers**
*To protect artifacts and image copyrights, there are certain guidelines that must be followed at the Museum.Photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever. Photography is not permitted in areas designated with “No Photography” signs. Videography, flash photography, tripods, and other photographic equipment are not permitted.
Photography must be conducted without disruption to the Museum and without blocking the accessibility to exhibitions, entrances/exits, and high traffic areas.
**We encourage the use of baby slings or baby backpacks as an alternative to strollers. Strollers may be stored in the Cloak Room located in the Museum Lobby before entering the exhibit areas. However, this room is not supervised and the Museum does not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.