Full-Time / Exempt
The International Spy Museum (SPY) is looking for a first-rate recruit to help supervise floor operations and provide procedural guidance. But wait, this is not your usual security job! The person selected for this position will have the keen ability to provide leadership, guidance, and training to Museum Security staff while balancing the gentle art of spying on guests and having fun. If you want to engage with guests, be part of an amazing team, and excellent customer service skills are always your top priority, then this is the job for you!
The Security Shift Supervisor is a key part of the Security Supervisory team. They provide floor support in a supervisory role and support the Security Operations Manager ensuring the overall physical safety and security for all visitors and staff, artifacts, exhibits, and private property of the International Spy Museum. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be proactive, conduct department administration, schedule shift rotations, and have excellent communication and organizational skills. They will also have a desire to work in a team setting, enjoy working with the public and have some CCTV and IT network experience.
Areas of Accountability
- Department administration assist – assessments, training, evaluation.
- Command Center Co-Lead – training, reports and equipment accountability.
- Floor Operations – post management, guidance and enforcement of laws and policies.
- Department access control – inspection, troubleshoot, manage users and access.
- Digital file management – document organization and maintenance.
- Ability to Self-Manage – Seek to regulate time, prioritize own goals and maintain responsibility for accomplishing set objectives and tasks.
- Being an Effective Communicator – practice active listening skills, being approachable and having the ability to explain specific tasks, procedures and outcomes clearly and succinctly.
- Being Accountable and Responsible – Must hold self-accountable for their actions, take responsibility for their own mistakes and expect others to do the same.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to have attention to detail, take pride in their work and avoid mistakes by looking for potential flaws before submission.
- Fostering creativity and innovation – exude and encourage creativity, brainstorming and exploring new ideas.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on Active Shooter, drug and alcohol procedures and related safety and security topics.
- Interviews, hires, and trains security staff.
- Monitors staff performance and provides timely and specific feedback including disciplinary and performance reviews.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security officers.
- Enforces local laws and ordinances on the premises of the International Spy Museum.
- Monitors and serves museum guests in a gracious and accommodating manner; informs guests of museum safety and security policies and resolves guest concerns and complaints.
- Provides and/or implements security and security protocols for the Spy Museum and all information systems.
- Provides specialized security for and monitors access to limited and restricted access areas such as inventory areas, network equipment areas and employee files.
- Conducts regular building walk throughs and security inspections.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and guests.
- Acts as a deterrent to criminal activity on Spy Museum property.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Minimum Education / Certification
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Valid Metropolitan Police Department Special Police Officer (SPO) license preferred.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification preferred.
Minimum Experience Required
- Three years of security experience.
- Two years of security supervisory experience.
- Customer service experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Proficient in Access Control.
- Knowledge of CCTV installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with instructor training.
- Extensive knowledge of ability to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and train on emergency management protocols.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Self-motivated; strong ability to independently make decisions and resolve problems.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and flexibility.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well within a team setting.
- Positive and professional with a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ready to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook…) preferred.
How to apply
To Apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Security Shift Supervisor Application Form.
The cover letter should include answers to the following:
- Provide an example of a past staffing challenge and how you resolved the situation with a positive outcome.
- What is your favorite spy movie character and why?