Full-Time / Non-Exempt
The Security Officer Floor Lead is a valuable aid to the Security Management team. They support the management team in ensuring the overall physical safety and security of all visitors and staff, artifacts, exhibits, and private property of the International Spy Museum. The Security Officer Floor Lead holds a significant responsibility to the guest by providing a memorable, welcoming and safe atmosphere that fosters the joy of experience and learning. They also provide an important communication bridge between the floor operations and mid-level management team.
Areas of Accountability
- Leadership – proficiency in policies and procedures, decision making, encourage connection, education and enforcement
- Floor Operations – post management, guidance and enforcement of laws and policies
- Department access control – inspection, troubleshoot, manage users and access
- Customer service – exhibiting professionalism, diffusing intricate customer conflicts
- Assessment and performance management assist – officer observation, training and feedback
- Ability to Self-Manage – Seek to regulate time, prioritize own goals and maintain responsibility for accomplishing set objectives and tasks.
- Effective Communication – use of active listening skills, being approachable and having the ability to explain specific tasks, procedures and outcomes.
- Accountability – being accountable for their actions, taking responsibility for their own mistakes and expecting others to do the same.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to have attention to detail, take pride in their work and avoid mistakes by looking for potential flaws before submission.
- Primarily supervise new Security Officers and Security Hybrids and provide them leadership, guidance, and training
- In the absence of Security Supervisors, conduct opening and closing procedures as well as make minor decisions for the floor posts
- Manages the function and staffing of all special events
- Coordinate daily floor activities / exercises, conduct uniform inspections, coach and counsel all security officers
- Assist with daily rotations and assignments of security officers
- Enforces local laws and ordinances on the premises of the International Spy Museum
- Monitor and serve museum guests in a gracious and accommodating manner; inform guests of museum safety and security policies, resolve guest concerns and complaints
- Conducts regular building walk throughs and security inspections.
- Update reports on security equipment status and analyzes data to form proposals for improvements (implementation of new technology etc.)
- Attends weekly Security Supervisor meetings to provide input on operational needs
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel and guests to the premises
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and guests
- Monitors and maintains crowd control and flow of exiting guests
- Consistently supports and assists Museum management in maintaining operational excellence, including observing and upholding general upkeep of public areas
- Utilizes standard operating procedures to resolve guest concerns and complaints in an efficient and effective manner. Communicates guest concerns/complaints to management and offers solutions to improve the overall guest experience
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
Minimum Education / Certification
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Security Officer license in the District of Columbia
- CPR, AED, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens certification (preferred)
Minimum Experience Required
- Have prior leadership experience
- Have at least one year of excellent customer service experience
- Must be available to work a varied schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Have the desire to have fun at work, enjoy a team atmosphere, and an interest in the Spy Museum mission
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Be punctual for assigned shifts and have reliable transportation
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to provide basic training on security policies and procedures
- Ability to take charge and make quick decisions
- Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient in changing environments
How to apply