Multiple Shifts Available
As a Security Officer of The International Spy Museum, you will monitor activity and patrol the premises for the purpose of maintaining a safe and secure environment. This position works closely under the direction of the Security Department’s leadership. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall safety and security of guests, staff, artifacts, exhibitions, and properties of the International Spy Museum.
The Spy Museum’s workforce is a diverse pool of talents, professional experiences, personalities, and backgrounds, yet we are united by a shared set of values; which include service excellence, teamwork, creativity, and fun. The Security Department is looking for qualified individuals who share our company values and educational goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting the building, its’ equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Protects the company assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety concerns.
- Completes detailed incident and accident reports.
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests and staff by creating an enjoyable museum experience.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
Critical Job Skills
- Good judgment and dependability.
- Maintains emotional control, integrity, and professionalism.
- Clear and concise communication and reporting skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Must have minimum of 2 years customer service experience.
- Must have minimum of 2 years security experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must secure and maintain Security Officer License in the District of Columbia within 90 days from start date.
- Have a desire to work in a fun, team centered environment.
- Must be available on WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule.
- Must be available between the hours of 7am to 11pm for day, mid, and evening shifts.
- Overnight shifts are also available.
Submit a resume with 3 references to the Security Application Form.