Seasonal / Part-Time / Non-Exempt
The International Spy Museum (SPY) is looking for top recruits to work in our Security Department. This is not your usual security job! While we take the safety of our guests, staff, and collection seriously, we also want our security team to have fun at work. If you want to engage with guests, be part of an amazing team, cover a variety of posts throughout the Museum, and have a chance for a bonus up to $1k, then this is the job for you! If you have what it takes, sneak below for details.
- Good judgement and dependability.
- Maintains emotional control, integrity, and professionalism.
- Candidate must show strong initiative, judgment and decisiveness and be prepared to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting the building, its’ equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Protects the company assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety concerns.
- Completes detailed incident and accident reports.
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests and staff by creating an enjoyable museum experience.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma Required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Must have minimum of 2 years customer service experience.
- Must have minimum of 2 years security experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must secure and maintain Security Officer License in the District of Columbia within 90 days from start date.
- Must be available on WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule.
- Must be available between the hours of 7am to 11pm for day, mid, and evening shifts.
- Overnight shifts are also available.
How to apply:
To Apply, please submit a detailed, comprehensive resume, and hourly wage requirements to the Security Officer Application Form.