Sales Associates, would you like to work in the coolest museum in town? The International Spy Museum is looking for you! Our beautiful 5000 sq. foot store is now open. If you want to work in a fun and fast paced environment selling our unique assortment of spy gear including apparel and accessories, books, gadgets, toys, souvenirs, and more, we have the job for you!
The sales lead provides the customer with an exceptional retail experience through proactive, positive engagement, product knowledge, customer service and selling skills. Maintains the sales floor and displays, stocking, and store cleanliness.
Areas of Accountability:
- Assist Guests
- Replenish product and store recovery
- Greets and acknowledges all customers entering the store. Provides service to customers meeting the International Spy Museum’s high standards of customer service, creating a rewarding customer experience.
- Sells and upsells to customer by engaging customer in product-oriented conversations. Knowledgably responds to customer inquiries. Uses product knowledge to help customers make selections to meet daily sales goals.
- Accurately ring customer purchases and process payment at the register using current selling script. Follow current cash and credit procedures.
- Assist with maintenance and appearance of store and stock by cleaning, straightening, restocking, ticketing, and placing signs as needed to ensure selling floor is fully stocked.
- Provides coverage of selling floor when not on register; engages with and answers customer questions, escorts customers to merchandise, performs store and stock maintenance in area adjacent to selling counter, participates in loss prevention efforts.
- Assists with maintenance and appearance of store and stock by cleaning, straightening, restocking, ticketing, creating new displays, and creating/placing signs as needed to ensure selling floor is fully stocked and items are displayed with proper signage at all times, and to enhance sales and maximize space.
- Alerts the Leadership Team to low inventory levels and discrepancies. Aids Receiving Staff in receiving, ticketing, storing, and expediting merchandise to selling floor.
- Observe schedule, maintain good attendance, punctuality and follow appearance policy.
- Participates in annual physical inventory.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned that contribute to team effort.
- Performs all job responsibilities with a positive and professional demeanor and manner.
Minimum Education Required
- High School degree or equivalent required
Minimum Experience Required
- 1+ year retail or hospitality related experience in a fast-paced store with strong selling and customer service orientation. Previous sales experience, cash handling, POS systems, inventory management and display experience preferred.
- Outgoing, positive, and professional. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience with people and working in a team environment required.
- Ability to learn requirements of the job such as register functions, product information, location of merchandise, selling and customer service techniques, etc.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong customer service skills
- Sales experience and skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work with a diverse public
- Knowledge of and ability to operate POS systems
- Knowledge of inventory stocking and control practices
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems
- Knowledge of visual merchandising practices and principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner
The work generally requires extended periods of standing and walking and will require a moderate amount of bending, and the ability to handle and move stock weighing up to 20 lbs. The museum is open 7 days a week. Weekend availability is highly desired.
To Apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Retail Sales Associate Application Form.