The Retail Sales Associate provides the customer with an exceptional retail experience through proactive, positive engagement, product knowledge, customer service and selling skills. Maintains cleanliness, appearance, and displays of store. Assists Managers and Lead Sales Associates with achieving sales goals, daily store operations, responding promptly, positively and graciously to customers and ensuring selling floor is stocked. Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Greets or acknowledges all customers entering the store.
- Engages customer in product oriented conversations. Knowledgeably respond to customer inquiries about type and availability of merchandise; use product knowledge to help customers make selections in order to meet daily sales goals.
- Sells to customer, up-sells to customer.
- Closes sales by using knowledge of product and procedures helpful to the customer.
- Processes payment at the register using current selling script; follows current cash and credit procedures.
- Provides service to customers meeting the International Spy Museum’s high standards of customer service, creating a rewarding customer experience. Responds accurately, courteously and promptly to customer inquiries, enhancing customer satisfaction. Serves as customer service role model.
- Provides coverage of selling floor when not on register; answers customer questions, escorts customers to merchandise, performs store maintenance in area adjacent to selling counter, participates in loss prevention efforts.
- Assists with maintenance and appearance of store and stock by cleaning, straightening, restocking, ticketing, and placing signs as needed to ensure selling floor is fully stocked and items are displayed with proper signage at all times. Replenishes floor stock in a timely manner and display new merchandise on sales floor in an effort to enhance sales and maximize space.
- Consistently supports Retail Managers and Lead Sales Associates in a conscious effort to maintain operational excellence.
- Alerts Retail Managers and/or Lead Sales Associates to low inventory levels and discrepancies. Provides assistance to Receiving and Shipping Manager in receiving, ticketing, storing and expediting merchandise to selling floor.
- Observes schedule, maintains good attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in annual inventory.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned that contribute to team effort.
- Performs all job responsibilities with a positive and professional demeanor.
Minimum Experience Required
- Two years high-end retail or hospitality related experience with strong sales and customer service orientation. Previous sales experience, cash handling, inventory management and display experience preferred.
- Outgoing and positive, good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience with people and working in a team environment required.
- Ability to learn requirements of the job such as register functions, product information, location of merchandise, enhance selling and customer service techniques, etc.
Minimum Education Required
- College degree preferred, High School degree or equivalent required.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong customer service skills
- Sales experience and skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work with a diverse public
- Knowledge of and ability to operate POS systems
- Knowledge of inventory stocking and control practices
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems
- Knowledge of visual merchandising practices and principles
- Knowledge of one or more category areas sold in the retail store
- Facility with numbers
- Ability to verify, identify and correct data and discrepancies
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner
The work generally requires extended periods of standing and walking and will require a moderate amount of bending, and the ability to handle and move stock weighing up to 20 lbs.
Send your cover letter that tells us why we should hire you along with a copy of your current resume, compensation history, and 3 current professional references to Humanresources@spymuseum.org.