Sales Associates, would you like to work for the coolest museum in town?
The International Spy Museum is looking for you! Our new museum is located at L’Enfant Plaza and our beautiful 5000 sq. foot store is open. We are looking for Sales Associates who want to work in a fun and fast paced environment selling our unique assortment of spy gear including apparel and accessories, books, gadgets, toys, souvenirs, and more. In this position, you provide our visitors with an exceptional retail experience through proactive customer engagement, product knowledge and selling. In addition, you assist the Leadership Team with achieving sales goals, daily store operations, maintaining the sales floor and displays, stocking, and store cleanliness.
- Greets and acknowledges all customers entering the store.
- Engage customer in product-oriented conversations. Knowledgably responds to customer inquiries about type and availability of merchandise; use product knowledge to help customers make selections to meet the International Spy Museum’s high standards of customer service and achieve daily sales goals.
- Sell and up-sell to customers.
- Accurately ring customer purchases and process payment at the register using current selling script. Follow current cash and credit procedures.
- Assist with maintenance and appearance of store and stock by cleaning, straightening, restocking, ticketing, and placing signs as needed to ensure selling floor is fully stocked and items are displayed with proper signage. Replenish floor stock in a timely manner and display new merchandise on sales floor to enhance sales and maximize space.
- Consistently support the Leadership Team in a conscious effort to maintain operational excellence.
- Alert the Leadership Team to low inventory levels and discrepancies. Help in receiving and expediting merchandise to selling floor. Participate in annual inventory.
- Observe schedule, maintain good attendance, punctuality and follow appearance policy.
- Be a team player and perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned that contribute to team effort.
- Performs all job responsibilities with a positive and professional demeanor.
Minimum Experience Required
- Two years high-end retail or hospitality related experience with strong sales and customer service orientation. Previous sales experience, cash handling, inventory management and display experience preferred.
- Outgoing and positive, good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience with people and working in a team environment required.
- Ability to learn requirements of the job such as register functions, product information, location of merchandise, enhance selling and customer service techniques, etc.
Minimum Education Required
- College degree preferred, High School degree or equivalent required.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong customer service skills
- Sales experience and skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work with a diverse public
- Knowledge of and ability to operate POS systems
- Knowledge of inventory stocking and control practices
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems
- Knowledge of visual merchandising practices and principles
- Knowledge of one or more category areas sold in the retail store
- Facility with numbers
- Ability to verify, identify and correct data and discrepancies
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner
The work generally requires extended periods of standing and walking and will require a moderate amount of bending, and the ability to handle and move stock weighing up to 20 lbs.
This is a part-time, hourly position. We offer flexible work schedule, large employee discount, and a creative environment in which to work, grow and shine!
If you possess these qualifications and this sounds like the position you have been looking for, we welcome you to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Retail Application Form