Seasonal / Non-Exempt
The International Spy Museum is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public about the world of espionage and intelligence through exhibits, educational programs, special events, and public outreach. Our Sales and Private Events department seeks on-site event managers to join our front of house staff. Directly reporting to the Special Events Manager, Event Captains are responsible for managing events on-site. Additionally, event captains are responsible for reporting any necessary equipment damage, maintenance, or misuse to ensure functionality for upcoming events.
- Good Communicator- Communicates clearly and professionally through speech, writing, and body language to create a positive, constructive message that enhances the client’s experience.
- Collaborative problem-solver – Seeks understanding and makes smart decisions through consistent effective communication, positive influence, and leading by example.
- Attention to Detail- Good attention to detail will keep events flowing smoothly and clients pleased with the environment.
- Welcome event guests and direct them to the appropriate space, as needed.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a professional, attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Lead walk-through of space with caterer prior to load-in and after load-out to ensure the space is left in the exact same condition it was prior to the event.
- Ensure caterer bartenders are serving liquor in a responsible fashion and check bartenders for their TIPS/ TAM licenses at all events. Also ensure that an ABC Manager for ABRA is always on site.
- Assist and manage load in/load out for the caterers and their staff. This person will have access to all Special Event spaces, storage rooms and assigned kitchen spaces.
- Handle caterer requests (unlock spaces needed, direct setup and storage, assist with last minute needs like additional chairs, etc.).
- Address client’s needs (special requests and if the request is significant, contact Full Time event staff for resolution, questions about the museum, etc.)
- Assist with AV support (adjusting music volume, basic room lighting, running microphones, turning off and on projectors and screens, etc.).
- Work with Security to ensure smooth flow and access to appropriate space.
- Work with Gust Services staff for Museum access and access to Museum spaces (such as Operation Spy missions or Scavenger Hunts), when necessary.
- Work with Facilities/Cleaning staff to ensure space is clean and in working order.
- Ensure event closing is on time and break-down is done in an orderly fashion without damage to the Museum.
- Understand Special Event Orders and follows instructions. Understands the event, contacts, caterer’s needs, and specifications.
- Maintain open communication between caterer, client & Special Events staff.
- Be knowledgeable about the Event Spaces, A/V Equipment and rules and regulations of the space.
Minimum Education Required
- College degree preferred.
- High School degree required.
Minimum Experience Required
- Hospitality/ Event experience preferred.
- Great verbal/communication skills
- A Customer Service focus
- Ability to problem solve.
- Basic knowledge of AV
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Special Events Application Form.
No Phone Calls Please