Working under the Special Events Sales Manager and Special Events Sales Assistant, the Events Captain will be responsible for managing Events on-site. Additionally, this person will be responsible for reporting any necessary equipment damage, maintenance or misuse to ensure functionality for upcoming events.
- Welcome event guests and direct them to the appropriate space, as needed.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Handle Caterer requests (unlock spaces needed, direct setup and storage, assist with last minute needs like additional chairs or caterer forgot to bring trash cans and needs to borrow some, etc.).
- Assist and manage load in/load out for the caterers and their staff. This person will have access to all Special Event spaces, storage rooms and assigned kitchen spaces.
- Address event client needs (special requests and if the request is significant, contact Full Time event staff for resolution, questions about the museum, etc.)
- Assist with basic AV support (simple requests such as turning down/up the volume for music, turning on/off the microphone for speaking engagements, etc.)
- Work with Security to ensure smooth flow and access to appropriate space.
- Work with GS for museum access (such as Operation Spy missions or Scavenger Hunts), when necessary.
- Work with Facilities/Cleaning staff to ensure space is clean and in working order.
- Ensure event closing is on time and break-down is done in an orderly fashion without damage to the Museum.
- Understand Special Event Orders and follows instructions. Have an understanding of the event, contacts, caterer’s needs and specifications.
- Maintains open communication between caterer, client & Special Events staff.
- Knowledgeable about the Event Spaces, A/V Equipment and rules and regulations of the space.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service
- 1 to 3 years in event coordination/planning
Submit a detailed cover letter, copy of your current resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Events Captain" in the subject line.