The International Spy Museum is a private nonprofit museum dedicated to educating the public about the world of espionage and intelligence through exhibits, educational programs, special events, and public outreach. Our Private Events/Sales department seeks on-site event managers to join our front of house staff. As a direct report to the Special Events Manager, the Event Captains will be responsible for managing events on-site. Additionally, this person will be responsible for reporting any necessary equipment damage, maintenance, or misuse to ensure functionality for upcoming events.
- Good Communicator- Communicates clearly and professionally through speech, writing, and body language to create a positive, constructive message that enhances the client’s experience.
- Collaborative problem-solver – Seeks understanding and makes smart decisions through consistent effective communication, positive influence, and leading by example.
- Attention to Detail- Good attention to detail will keep events flowing smoothly and clients pleased with the environment.
- Welcome event guests and direct them to the appropriate space, as needed.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a professional, attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Lead walk-through of space with caterer prior to load-in and after load-out to ensure the space is left in the exact same condition it was prior to the event.
- Ensure caterer bartenders are serving liquor in a responsible fashion and check bartenders for their TIPS/ TAM licenses at all events. Also ensure that an ABC Manager for ABRA is always on site.
- Assist and manage load in/load out for the caterers and their staff. This person will have access to all Special Event spaces, storage rooms and assigned kitchen spaces.
- Handle caterer requests (unlock spaces needed, direct setup and storage, assist with last minute needs like additional chairs, etc.).
- Address client’s needs (special requests and if the request is significant, contact Full Time event staff for resolution, questions about the museum, etc.)
- Assist with AV support (adjusting music volume, basic room lighting, running microphones, turning off and on projectors and screens, etc.).
- Work with Security to ensure smooth flow and access to appropriate space.
- Work with Gust Services staff for Museum access and access to Museum spaces (such as Operation Spy missions or Scavenger Hunts), when necessary.
- Work with Facilities/Cleaning staff to ensure space is clean and in working order.
- Ensure event closing is on time and break-down is done in an orderly fashion without damage to the Museum.
- Understand Special Event Orders and follows instructions. Understands the event, contacts, caterer’s needs, and specifications.
- Maintain open communication between caterer, client & Special Events staff.
- Be knowledgeable about the Event Spaces, A/V Equipment and rules and regulations of the space.
Minimum Education Required
- College degree preferred.
- High School degree required.
Minimum Experience Required
- Hospitality/ Event experience preferred.
- Great verbal/communication skills
- A Customer Service focus
- Ability to problem solve.
- Basic knowledge of AV
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Special Events Application Form.
No Phone Calls Please