Do you have a sense of adventure, love working with kids, and a flair for the dramatic? Have you ever wanted to sneak around Washington, DC completing secret missions and practicing spy tradecraft? The International Spy Museum seeks energetic and creative Training Officers (AKA camp counselors) to lead a team of 10 “recruits” (ages 9-12) through a series of top secret workshops, missions, and activities around Washington, DC.
Earn $1,300 for two weeks of camp plus July training day. Candidates must commit to both weeks of camp (July 24-28 and July 31-August 4) and one training day in July.
- High Energy.
- Flair for the dramatic.
- Desire to learn more about SPY’s content and have fun with it.
SPY’s Camp Counselor will:
- Manage a designated group of ten recruits as they cycle through workshops, mini-lectures, and missions both inside and outside the Museum.
- Assist with camper drop off and pick up.
- Assist with daily workshop setup and clean up.
- Support SPY staff as needed to ensure camp runs smoothly.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Two years of undergraduate work required.
- Graduate work preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with children.
- Experience as a camp counselor a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Mandatory Training Day: July 20 from 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- July 24-28, 2023 (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
- July 31-August 4, 2023 (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
Earn $1,300 for two weeks of camp plus July training day.
How to apply:
For employment consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to the SPY Camp Training Officer Application Form.