The Marketing & Communications Department seeks a self-motivated Social Media Specialist with a creative eye for storytelling to assist in the development and implementation of social media content that delights, educates, and engages key Museum audiences.
This is a part-time position, working 15-20 hours a week. The position supports the internal Communications team and reports to the Marketing Communications Director.
Areas of Accountability
- Create original social media content and assets utilizing photography and videography.
- Implement content on Museum social media platforms and oversee platform performance and metrics.
- Support Marketing Communications Director on Museum’s overall social media strategy.
- Strong visual skills and creative eye for digital content.
- Demonstrated track record of creating high quality and impactful social media assets.
- Enthusiastic team player and collaborator.
- Creative thinker and strategist, willing and able to bring new ideas for execution.
- Passion for the Spy Museum’s mission of education.
- Build a range of engaging social media content (e.g. videos, photos, polls, key messages) for use across the Spy Museum’s major accounts.
- Create, write/edit, schedule, and publish posts on top Museum social channels.
- Capture, edit, and manage photos and videos for social media purposes.
- Identify and understand the targeted audience for each social channel, create persuasive content that strikes a chord with the intended audience and is unique to the typical interactions of each channel.
- Analyze and assess performance across social media channels. This includes performance of individual posts and content to measure effectiveness, efficiency and impact.
- Create and manage content calendar to ensure posts are effectively and strategically executed.
- Provide social media monitoring of comments on platforms, develop strategy for replying, direct customer questions to appropriate teams.
- Identify new and emerging trends and insights across all media platforms to help MarComm team optimize digital strategy and uncover opportunities to reach new audiences.
- Stay up to date on new features and offerings in the social media landscape.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree required in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience preferred managing social media on behalf of an organization.
- Hands-on experience using and managing various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of creating original social media content with images or videos.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Strong communication, copywriting and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media landscape, including engagement strategies, content types and implementation.
- Understanding of video editing basics and using Adobe Premiere, iMovie or other in-app tools.
- Experience with Sprout Social or other social media scheduling tools.
- Adept with Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva and Microsoft Office Suite.
- iPhone/Apple user preferred.
- Flexibility to occasionally work of- hours and weekends for special events and exhibition installations.
How to apply:
To Apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Social Media Specialist Application Form.