Full-Time / Exempt
The International Spy Museum is a private nonprofit museum dedicated to educating the public about the world of espionage and intelligence through exhibits, educational programs, special events, and public outreach. Our Marketing & Communications Department seeks a self-motivated Social Media Specialist with a creative eye for storytelling to plan, develop and implement social media content that delights, educates, and engages key audiences.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours a week. Role supports internal Marketing & Communications team and reports to the Marketing Communications Director.
Areas of Accountability
- Create original social media content and assets utilizing photography and videography.
- Implement content on Museum social media platforms and oversee platform performance and metrics.
- Support Marketing Communications Director on Museum’s overall social media strategy.
- Strong visual skills and creative eye for digital content.
- Demonstrated track record of creating high quality and impactful social media assets.
- Enthusiastic team player and collaborator.
- Creative thinker and strategist, willing and able to bring new ideas for execution.
- Passion for the Spy Museum’s mission of education.
- Build a range of engaging social media content (e.g. videos, photos, polls, key messages) across the Spy Museum’s major accounts.
- Create, write/edit, schedule, and publish daily posts on platforms including – but not limited to – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Capture, edit, and manage photos and videos for social media purposes.
- Analyze and assess performance across social media channels. This includes performance of individual posts and content to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and impact. Prepare consistent reporting and analysis to track social performance.
- Create and manage content calendar to ensure posts are effectively and strategically executed.
- Provide real-time social media monitoring of comments on platforms, develop strategy for replying, direct customer questions to appropriate teams.
- Plan, create, and execute paid social ad campaigns on Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- Serve as departmental social media liaison to ensure consistency of the Museum’s social guidelines and brand; manage incoming requests/deliverables.
- Identify new and emerging trends and insights across all platforms to help MarComm team optimize digital strategy and uncover opportunities to reach new audiences.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications Director on the development of Museum’s overall social media strategy to meet revenue goals, build brand awareness, and enhance audience engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree required in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing social media on behalf of an organization.
- Hands-on experience using and managing various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of creating original social media content with images or videos.
- Strong communication, copywriting and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media landscape, including engagement strategies, content types and implementation.
- Understanding of video editing basics and using Adobe Premiere, iMovie or other in-app tools.
- Experience with Sprout Social or other social media scheduling tools.
- Adept with Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva and Microsoft Office Suite.
- iPhone/Apple user preferred.
Flexibility to occasionally work of hours and weekends for special events and exhibition installations.
How to apply
To Apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Social Media Specialist Application Form.