Social Media Intern (Unpaid)
Calling all agents! SPY is seeking a motivated and energetic social media intern with stealthy video/photography skills and a passion for espionage history. He or she must be a sharp writer who has editorial experience, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and possesses excellent communication skills. An understanding and passion for digital marketing is a must. Familiarity with Adobe creative programs is a plus. The internship will be approximately 10-15 hours per week.
As an intern, you will assist the Marketing Communications Department with its social media efforts including content creation, post scheduling, strategy and analysis. Through the mentorship of our staff, you will become familiar with the processes of museum administration, while also learning in a creative and playful environment.
- Day to day social media activities including content creation and scheduling
- Develop strategies for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.)
- Web/social media measurement and analysis (Hootsuite, Sprout Social)
- Videography & photography
Requirements & Qualifications
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree, preferably marketing, communications, or digital media
- Experience in social media and web marketing
- Skilled using a camera, capturing & editing quality video; photography
- Must demonstrate strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop/InDesign is a plus
- Knowledge of HTML/FBML is a plus
10-15 hours/week minimum; 1 full semester
**Monday to Friday, timing is flexible. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance.
How to Apply:
Send a resume, two letters of recommendation and a recent writing sample to email@example.com.
Please use Social Media Internship in the subject line. No phone calls.