The senior graphic designer is responsible for implementing the creative strategy and overall design of the International Spy Museum’s graphic identity and visual communications. This includes the design and production of print and digital, marketing collateral, and presentation materials. The senior graphic designer works closely with internal clients and external vendors, including the Website and Advertising Creative Agencies, overseeing accuracy, quality control, deadlines, and budget requirements. They work with the Museum’s graphic designer and may from time to time oversee freelance designers /or interns.
- Positive, collaborative team player.
- Ability to oversee brand integrity and visual quality control.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and problem-solving skills.
- A strategic thinker with a keen, in-depth understanding of industry trends.
- Creates original design graphics, artwork, and graphic visual materials harmonious with the mission of the Museum.
- Implements strong brand identity materials and guidelines for institutional use respecting the Museum’s existing style guide. Maintains brand consistency throughout all marketing projects.
- Creates project-appropriate graphic strategies that respond to a wide range of Museum needs (i.e. fundraising versus education).
- Designs and coordinates print graphic design projects for all departments of the Museum including, but not limited to: flyers, signs, brochures, newsletters, marketing materials, direct mail, reports, coupons, etc.
- Creates concepts and original designs for digital communications, including website pages and social media, as well as email marketing and e-publications. Implements design, development, and deployment of e-blasts.
- Consults and liaises with internal and external partners, production teams, and outside vendors to produce strong visual communications.
- Collaborates with department project managers to maintain schedule and budget goals.
- Collaborates with staff on design concepts, layouts and strategies, and defends approaches and rationale when necessary. Clearly communicates ideas and direction.
- Maintains files on all projects and maintains creative files including archiving web content appropriately.
- Updates and maintains accuracy of web site information and navigation in accordance to needs and keeping with the Museum’s brand and design standards. Updates spymuseum.org through Big Tree CMS.
- Coordinates or conducts photography shoots of Museum objects or spaces for marketing campaigns. Conducts photo research and acquisition as necessary.
- Manages system for visual assets. Builds and manages photo library.
- Manages all incoming help desk requests, and delegates projects to graphic designer and design interns.
- Reviews graphic designers’ work to ensure high quality.
- Such other tasks as from time to time are assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design program required.
- 5-7 years of experience in print and web design, production, multi-media design, email marketing, and brand management.
- Experience in production coordination with vendors and the ability to build and manage a photo library.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to produce effective communication materials, including the ability to distill complex and/or technical information into concise, influential external communications using a variety of channels.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating a high degree of creativity, diversity, and productivity.
Required Software Applications
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat.
- Experience in Email Marketing and digital mailing platforms.
- Experience with HTML and CSS coding.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of different Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Ability to work on both Mac and PC platforms.
- Keen attention to detail including proofreading skills; proficient in spelling and grammar.
- Strong project management skills. Able to multi-task and create an organized production schedule that incorporates time for both scheduled and unscheduled projects.
- Proficient in Email marketing including blast design and deployment.
- Able to brainstorm and mockup design ideas.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, digital portfolio and salary requirements to the Senior Graphic Designer Form.
No phone calls please.