The Security Sergeant is a key part of the Security Management team. They support the Security Lieutenant and Director in ensuring the overall physical safety and security of all visitors and staff, artifacts, exhibits, and private property of the International Spy Museum. The ideal candidate will primarily be responsible for overseeing and managing the inspection and maintenance of Command Center Operations through controlling visitor access and crowd flow to monitoring and maintaining the Closed-Circuit Televisions (CCTV) and cameras. They will be responsible for the management of the department administration, from internal and external communication to budget planning and support. They will also have excellent organizational and communication skills, a desire to work in a team setting, enjoy working with the public and have experience in installation, operation and maintenance management of video monitoring and access control.
- Interviews, hires, and trains security staff on command center operations.
- Manages the security departments semiannual and annual performance review process.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security officers.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on Active Shooter, CCTV dispatch procedures and related safety and security topics.
- Enforces local laws and ordinances on the premises of the International Spy Museum
- Monitors and serves museum guests in a gracious and accommodating manner; informs guests of museum safety and security policies, resolves guest concerns and complaints.
- Provides and/or implements security policies, procedures and protocols dealing with emergency and disaster preparedness and incident response for the Spy Museum.
- Provides specialized security and monitors access to limited and restricted access areas such as artifacts, inventory areas, network equipment and confidential records.
- Conducts regular building walk throughs, security CCTV inspections and maintenance.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe/secure working environment for staff and guests.
- Controls the budget for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Coordinates staff when responding to emergencies, alarms, incidents, and breaches.
- Acts as a deterrent to criminal activity on Spy Museum property
- Creates reports on management and security status and analyzes data to form proposals for improvements (implementation of new technology etc.)
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Education / Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid Metropolitan Police Department Special Police Officer (SPO) license
- Lenel Certified Associate (LCA) preferred
- CCTV Installation Certification will be an asset.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
Minimum Experience Required
- Five years security experience
- Three years leadership, management, supervisory experience in a security environment
- Three years customer service experience
- Two years working knowledge of CCTV installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Proficient in Access Control and Video Management (OnGuard, Lenel, Milestone)
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Ability to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Self-motivated; strong ability to independently make decisions and resolve problems.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well within a team setting.
- Positive and professional with a friendly and outgoing personality
- Ready to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook…) preferred.
The work requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, considerable physical exertion such as climbing stairs, standing, bending, exposure to extreme weather conditions, occasional long periods of overtime, rotating shift work and may require defending oneself and others against physical attack. It may involve high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations that are inherent in providing a variety of security and emergency medical care services that require a range of safety and other precautions in situations where conditions cannot be controlled. Weekday, weekend, and night work is required with varying days off.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Security Management Application Form.
NO PHONE CALLS