The International Spy Museum is currently seeking qualified individuals to work in our Security Department. Hours worked will be between 18 -28 hours weekly, 6 - 8 hours shifts a day between the hours of 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. Required availability Weekdays, Weekends and Holidays.
The Security Officer will provide in-house support to guests / Security Captain / Security Lieutenant / Security Sergeant / Security Corporal of the International Spy Museum. They will ensure the overall physical safety and security for all guests and staff, artifacts, exhibits, and private property of the International Spy Museum. S/he is responsible for providing a memorable and exciting guest experience at all times and ensures that all staff do the same.
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol and accident investigations
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel and guests to the premises
- Create an immersive and enjoyable Museum experience for guests
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and guests
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years Security experience preferred
- You must have excellent customer service experience
- Must be available to work a varied schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Have the desire to have fun at work, enjoy a team atmosphere, and an interest in the Spy Museum mission
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards.
- Be punctual for assigned shifts and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Security Officer license in the District of Columbia
- Remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume to SecurityGlobal@spymuseum.org