The Security Corporal is a key part of the Security Supervisory team. They provide floor support in a supervisory role and support the Security Sergeant/Lieutenant ensuring the overall physical safety and security for all visitors and staff, artifacts, exhibits, and private property of the International Spy Museum. The ideal candidate will manage the department administration, from internal and external communication to budget planning and support. They will also have excellent organizational and communication skills, a desire to work in a team setting, enjoy working with the public and have knowledge of installation, operation, and maintenance management of Closed-Circuit Televisions (CCTV).
- Interviews, hires, and trains security staff.
- Monitors staff performance and provides timely and specific feedback including disciplinary and performance reviews.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security officers.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on Active Shooter, drug and alcohol procedures and related safety and security topics.
- Enforces local laws and ordinances on the premises of the International Spy Museum and all other Malrite operated entities.
- Monitors and serves museum guests in a gracious and accommodating manner; informs guests of museum safety and security policies and resolves guest concerns and complaints.
- Provides and/or implements security and security protocols for the Spy Museum and all information systems.
- Provides specialized security for and monitors access to limited and restricted access areas such as inventory areas, network equipment areas, employee files and confidential records.
- Conducts regular building walk throughs and security inspections.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and guests.
- Acts as a deterrent to criminal activity on Spy Museum property
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Education / Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid Metropolitan Police Department Special Police Officer (SPO) license
- CCTV Installation Certification preferred
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
Minimum Experience Required
- Four years security experience
- Two years leadership, management, supervisory experience
- One year customer service experience
- Knowledge of CCTV installation, operation, and maintenance
- Familiarity of Access Control
- Familiarity with instructor training
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Ability to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Self-motivated; strong ability to independently make decisions and resolve problems.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well within a team setting.
- Positive and professional with a friendly and outgoing personality
- Ready to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook…) preferred.
The work requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, considerable physical exertion such as climbing stairs, standing, bending, exposure to extreme weather conditions, occasional long periods of overtime, rotating shift work and may require defending oneself and others against physical attack. It may involve high risks with exposure to potentially dangerous situations that are inherent in providing a variety of security and emergency medical care services that require a range of safety and other precautions in situations where conditions cannot be controlled. Weekday, weekend, and night work is required with varying days off.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Security Management Application Form.
NO PHONE CALLS