Sales Lead/Key Holders, the International Spy Museum is looking for you. Our beautiful new 5000 square foot store is now open. If you want to work in a fun and fast paced environment selling our unique assortment of spy gear including apparel and accessories, books, gadgets, toys, souvenirs, and more, we have the job for you!
The sales lead provides customers with an exceptional retail experience through proactive, positive engagement, product knowledge, customer service and selling skills. Assists and supports the Retail Managers in leading staff and daily sales and customer service in order to achieve sales and profitability goals. Serves as a role model and “Manager on Duty” on the sales floor, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and training staff. Maintains cleanliness, appearance, stock levels and displays of the store. Performs store opening/closing duties as needed to include cash management and daily reporting.
- Greets, acknowledges, and engages all customers entering the store. Knowledgeably responds to customer inquiries about type and availability of merchandise; uses product knowledge to help customers make selections in order to meet daily sales goals. Sells and up-sells to customer. Respond accurately, courteously and promptly to customer inquiries, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Serves as customer service role model. Provides leadership and supervision on the sales floor and motivates staff to achieve sales goals. Assists in planning and monitoring special incentive and promotional activities that contribute to sales and enhance employee morale.
- Provides on-the-job training and/or formal training to store staff in selling and customer service skills and procedures, product knowledge, inventory management systems, POS procedures, and general Retail and Museum policies.
- Processes payments at the register and cashiers accurately, asks to round up all transactions.
- Provides coverage on selling floor; engages with customers, escorts customers to merchandise, performs stock maintenance, participates in loss prevention efforts and annual physical inventory.
- Assists with maintenance and appearance of store and by cleaning, straightening, restocking, ticketing, creating new displays, and creating/placing signs as needed to enhance sales and maximize space.
- Alerts Buyers and Managers to low inventory levels and discrepancies. Aids Receiving Staff in receiving, ticketing, storing and expediting merchandise to selling floor. Supports Retail Managers in a conscious effort to maintain operational excellence.
- Performs store opening and closing procedures including cash management, daily reporting and other related duties as required or assigned with a positive and professional demeanor.
Minimum Experience Required
- 3+ years retail experience in a fast-paced store with selling and customer service orientation. Previous sales experience, cash handling, POS systems, training, inventory management and visual merchandising.
- Experience with people and working in a team environment. Minimum 2 years previous retail leadership experience. Outgoing, positive, and professional personality.
- Ability to quickly learn requirements of the job such as opening/closing duties, balancing cash, making deposits and change orders, gift card processing, financial report interpretation, sales and customer service training performance evaluation and coaching,
Minimum Education Required
College degree preferred, High School degree or equivalent required.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills. Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems. Prior supervisory experience and ability to work with a diverse public.
- Experience with high volume cash management and numbers, inventory stocking and control practices, and ability to operate a POS system. Ability to verify, identify and correct data and discrepancies.
- Knowledge of sales and visual merchandising practice and principles.
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner. Willingness to embrace the SPY culture and our core values of Service Excellence, Team, Creativity, Diversity, and Fun.
The work requires extended periods of standing and walking and a moderate amount of bending, lifting and the ability to handle and move stock weighing up to 30 lbs.
This is a full-time, salaried position and we offer a full benefits package.
If you possess these qualifications and this sounds like the position you have been looking for, submit your cover letter and current resume to email@example.com Please include Sales Lead in the subject line.