Sales Lead/Key Holders, the International Spy Museum is looking for you. Our beautiful new 5000 square foot store is now open. If you want to work in a fun and fast paced environment selling our unique assortment of spy gear including apparel and accessories, books, gadgets, toys, souvenirs, and more, we have the job for you!
The sales lead provides the customer with an exceptional retail experience through proactive, positive engagement, product knowledge, customer service and selling skills. Actively works with the Retail Managers in leading staff and driving customer service in order to maximize sales and profitability. Serves as a role model and “Manager on Duty” on the sales floor, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and training staff. Maintains cleanliness, appearance, stock levels and displays of the store. Performs store opening/closing duties as needed to include cash management and daily reporting.
- Greets and acknowledges all customers entering the store & sells and upsells to customer.
- Engages customer in product oriented conversations. Knowledgably responds to customer inquiries about type and availability of merchandise; use product knowledge to help customers make selections in order to meet daily sales goals.
- Serves as customer service role model. Provides leadership and supervision on the sales floor and motivates staff to achieve sales goals. Assists in planning and monitoring special incentive and promotional activities that contribute to sales and enhance employee morale.
- Provides on-the-job training and/or formal training to store staff in selling and customer service skills and procedures, product knowledge, inventory management systems, POS procedures, and general policies as outlined in the Spy Store Training Manual and Spy Museum Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Process point of sale transactions and handles all cash handling procedures
- Serves as customer service role model. Provides leadership and supervision on the sales floor and motivate staff to achieve sales and organization goals. Assists in planning and monitoring special incentive and promotional activities that contribute to sales and enhance employee morale.
- Provides service to customers meeting the International Spy Museum’s high standards of customer service, creating a rewarding customer experience. Respond accurately, courteously and promptly to customer inquiries, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Provides coverage of selling floor when not on register; engages with and answers customer questions, escorts customers to merchandise, performs store and stock maintenance in area adjacent to selling counter, participates in loss prevention efforts.
- Assists with maintenance and appearance of store and stock by cleaning, straightening, restocking, ticketing, creating new displays, and creating/placing signs as needed to ensure selling floor is fully stocked and items are displayed with proper signage at all times, and to enhance sales and maximize space.
- Alerts Buyers and Operations Managers to low inventory levels and discrepancies. Provides assistance to Receiving Staff in receiving, ticketing, storing and expediting merchandise to selling floor.
- Performs store opening and closing procedures in absence of Retail Operations Managers to include opening/closing, cash management, and daily reporting
- Consistently supports Retail Operations Managers in a conscious effort to maintain operational excellence.
- Participates in annual physical inventory.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned that contribute to team effort.
- Performs all job responsibilities with a positive and professional demeanor and manner.
Minimum Education Required
- College degree preferred, High School degree or equivalent required
Minimum Experience Required
- 3+ years high-end retail or hospitality related experience in a fast paced store with strong selling and customer service orientation. Previous sales experience, cash handling, POS systems, training, inventory management and display experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years previous leadership/management experience in a retail setting highly desired.
- Outgoing, positive, and professional. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience with people and working in a team environment required.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong customer service skills
- Sales experience and skills
- Prior supervisory experience including performance management
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work with a diverse public
- Knowledge of and ability to operate POS systems
- Knowledge of inventory stocking and control practices
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems
- Knowledge of visual merchandising practices and principles
- Knowledge of one or more category areas sold in the retail store
- Experience with high volume cash management and numbers
- Ability to verify, identify and correct data and discrepancies
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner
The work generally requires extended periods of standing and walking and will require a moderate amount of bending, and the ability to handle and move stock weighing up to 20 lbs.
How to apply:
For employment consideration, please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to the Retail Application Form.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE