Would you like to work for the coolest museum in town? The International Spy Museum is looking for you! Our new museum is located at L’Enfant Plaza and our beautiful 5000 sq. foot store is open. We are looking for a Retail Receiving and Shipping Associate who wants to work in a fun and fast paced environment, receiving and stocking our unique assortment of spy gear including apparel and accessories, books, gadgets, toys, souvenirs, and more. In this position you assist in coordinating and performing receiving, ticketing, and stocking of merchandise. This position also helps fill, pack, and ship web orders and provide exceptional service to Spy Store and Museum guests as needed.
- Receive, log, and process incoming shipments. Unpack and examine shipments verifying counts and prices against purchase order and packing slip/invoice. Contact buyer and/or shipper promptly to rectify discrepancies/damages and completely and accurately prepare all receiving paperwork. Work with accounting department to ensure accuracy of receiving paperwork submitted for invoice payments.
- Create and affix tickets to merchandise and move merchandise to proper retail floor or storage location. Stock store before store opening and at closing to ensure the sales floor is properly filled and displays maintained.
- Fill, pack, and ship outgoing e-commerce/web, in-store, and curb-side pickup orders. Complete forms and maintain necessary records and tracking information for outgoing shipments.
- Provide backup to the Retail Store upon request to assist customers and stock/display merchandise and help facilitate special event set-up and breakdown.
- Ensure via regular inventory counts and stockroom inspections, adequate supplies of shipping, retail packaging, and office supplies. Replenish supplies as needed from
- On-hand stock and submit re-order requests in advance of anticipated needs.
- Conduct stock counts, as necessary and assist in preparing and conducting annual physical inventory.
- Transport stock in a safe and secure manner. Ensure deliveries are made according to schedule. Operate equipment in a safe manner and ensure it is in proper running order.
- Assist in the management of all mail and packages entering or leaving the building for all departments.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
High School degree or equivalent.
Minimum Experience Required:
2-3 years of related stockroom experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail experience a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and as a team player.
- Clear verbal communication skills, ability to read and write correspondence, comprehend instructions and memos, and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to department and other museum employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to effectively juggle simultaneous deadline driven projects.
- Knowledge of POS systems and proficient mathematical and computer skills, email, and spreadsheet competency. Ability to use computerized point-of-sale, postage scale, and mailing machine.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with a diverse public and represent the museum in a positive and professional manner.
How to apply:
This is a part-time, hourly position. We offer flexible work schedule, large employee discount, and a creative environment in which to work, grow and shine!
If you possess these qualifications and this sounds like the position you have been looking for, we welcome you to apply.
To Apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Retail Application Form.