Assist in coordinating and performing receiving, ticketing, and stocking of merchandise applying Museum standards and guidelines. Fill, pack, and ship wholesale, retail, and web orders. Assist in maintaining appropriate inventory of shipping and retail packaging supplies. Assist in providing exceptional service to Spy Store and Museum guests.
- Receive, log, and process incoming shipments. Unpack and examine shipments verifying counts and prices against purchase order and packing slip/invoice. Contact buyer and/or shipper promptly to rectify discrepancies/damages, and completely and accurately prepare chargeback documents. Prepare receiving voucher; create and affix tickets to merchandise. Moves merchandise to proper retail floor or storage location. Work with buyers and bookkeeper to ensure accuracy of invoice payments.
- Fill, pack, and ship outgoing retail, e-commerce/web and wholesale orders. Complete forms and maintain necessary records and tracking information for outgoing shipments. Compile and present monthly shipping expenses and shipping revenues reports.
- Ensure via regular inventory counts and stockroom inspections, adequate supplies of shipping, retail packaging, and office supplies. Replenishes supplies as needed from
- on-hand stock and submits re-order requests in advance of anticipated needs.
- As needed, work closely with Store Managers, leads, sales associates and Museum staff to help facilitate special event set-up and breakdown.
- Provide backup to the Retail Store upon request; assist customers and stock/display merchandise.
- Stocks store before store opening.
- Transport stock in a safe and secure manner. Ensure deliveries are made according to schedule. Operate equipment in a safe manner and ensure it is in proper running order.
- Conduct stock counts as necessary. Assist Retail Managers and Buyers in preparing and conducting annual physical inventory.
- Manage all mail and packages entering or leaving the building for all departments.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as requested/needed during key business periods and selling times.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
High School degree or equivalent.
Minimum Experience Required:
2-3 years of related stockroom experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail experience a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong service-orientation
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Positive team player
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to juggle simultaneous deadline driven projects
- Basic mathematical skills
- Computer competency
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Basic E-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet competency
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems
- Ability to use computerized point-of-sale, postage scale, and mailing machine.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to department and other museum employees, customers, and vendors
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.