The International Spy Museum seeks a weekday part-time Museum Educator to facilitate student workshops (onsite, distance learning, and occasional off site) and provide support for educational programs. Student workshops range in content and audience (from third grade through senior citizens). The Museum Educator will be responsible for teaching student workshops, monitoring workshop supply inventory, interfacing with Guest Services staff to ensure smooth facilitation of school groups, administrative support in booking school groups, correspondence with teachers and school group leaders, and follow-up.
15-20 hours per week (will fluctuate slightly by season). Schedule will be determined by Museum bookings and candidate availability.
- Teach weekday student workshops and programs (4th-12th grade)
- Interface with Guest Services staff to greet and escort school groups to and from the Learning Center.
- Set and clean classroom.
- Monitor school workshop supply inventory and create/procure new supplies as necessary.
- Provide administrative assistance for booking school groups, correspondence with group liaisons, and group follow-up.
- Expertise in facilitating informal educational experiences for groups of children and teens
- Flexible attitude and confidence to handle unexpected situations calmly and professionally
- High energy with an engaging personality
- Excellent verbal and customer-service skills
- Capable of accomplishing tasks independently
- A desire to learn about the Museum’s content and have fun with it!
At least one-year teaching experience, especially in informal environment
$18 per hour
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to Lucy Stirn, School and Youth Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.