The International Spy Museum is a private nonprofit museum dedicated to sharing educating the public about the world of espionage and intelligence through exhibits, educational programs, special events, and public outreach. Our growing development department seeks an energetic, experienced, and collaborative colleague to drive the next generation of our membership program.
- Assess current SPY membership program levels, benefits, and pricing and recommend new strategies and approaches to grow membership, consistent with best practice in the Museum environment.
- Create and oversee comprehensive marketing program for membership program, including newsletter, website content, and social media outreach.
- Establish and deliver annual targets for membership growth.
- Develop and run member-focused initiatives and events that engage a growing community of SPY supporters.
- Ensure fulfillment of all member benefits, working with colleagues in the Museum’s development and guest services departments.
- In partnership with the Museum’s communications department, create engaging printed and digital communications and promotional campaigns.
- Recommend high-level members for cultivation by team members as potential major-gift or corporate supporters.
- Oversee administration of membership program, including membership database, and tracking of renewals and benefits redemption.
- Oversee frontline team incentive plan, including training and communications support.
- Work with SPY Volunteer Manager to leverage synergies with membership program.
- Ensure responsible stewardship of membership program budget and contribute to budget planning.
- Support major fundraising initiatives and events as an integral member of the Development team.
- Some evening and weekend work expected, for cultivation and networking events.
Minimum Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of experience in creating and managing membership programs
- Experience with membership programs at nonprofit organization; experience at a museum or other cultural destination preferred
- Experience with Siriusware and Salesforce
Skills & Attributes
- Passion for engaging community members in a dynamic and meaningful membership experience that reflects the values of the SPY Museum.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Superb written and spoken communication skills, with a particular emphasis on promoting and engaging with community programs
- Flexible self-starter with exceptional attention to detail
- Sensitivity to and respect for diverse work environment
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively to advance both personal and team goals.
How to apply:
For employment consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Development Application Form.