Limited Tickets Available
Tickets are sold out for today and extremely limited for the holiday weekend. Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended for future dates. If you need additional intel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Graphic Designer
Full-Time / Exempt
Areas of Accountability
- Supports Senior Graphic Designer with design & production of print and digital projects.
- Handles creation of website pages including design and layout, page graphics, and page maintenance.
- E-blast designing, coding, scheduling, and list maintenance.
- Helps maintain and expand visual brand identity and design standards for the Museum.
- Manages incoming help desk requests.
The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and production of a variety of projects for all departments of the International Spy Museum including both print and digital projects, email marketing communications, and website updates. This position works under the creative direction of the Senior Graphic Designer to collaborate on projects and maintain the visual brand identity and design standards for the Museum. This role is defined as a combination of production-based and creative projects, as assigned by the team lead.
- Positive, collaborative team player
- Creative individual who is passionate about design
- Friendly person who enjoys working with others
- Flexibility to adjust to new tasks as priorities shift
- Willingness to embrace SPY Core Values of Service Excellence, Team, Creativity, Diversity, and Fun
- A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to learn, grow, and develop new skills.
- Interest or experience in museums or other cultural institutions.
- Designs print promotional materials including flyers and brochures, and promotional items such as t-shirts, tote bags, and event giveaways.
- Designs digital graphics for marketing campaigns and event-specific promotions for all Museum owned channels, utilizing both traditional design and motion graphics.
- Updates and maintains website visuals and content through the Museum’s website content management system (CMS), keeping with the Museum’s brand and design standards.
- Assists in designing, coding, scheduling, and list maintenance of Museum e-blasts through Salesforce Pardot system.
- Assists in implementing and expanding the current Museum brand guidelines by creating unique sub-brand identities, as needed.
- Maintains production-ready template files through file management and assists in archiving web, photography, and email content as needed.
- Such other creative tasks as from time to time are assigned.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelors' degree, preferably in graphic design or related visual arts program.
- At least 1-2 years of industry-relevant experience working within a design team on a variety of projects across an organization. Nonprofit and in-house design team experience is preferred.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Acrobat.
- Experience in Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of html and CSS for styling and problem-solving web and email design.
- Ability to work in basic website content management system (CMS).
- Ability to work in email marketing software and handle basic HTML/CSS styling. Salesforce Pardot experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of motion graphics and basic video editing.
- Basic knowledge of project management systems preferred.
- Strong design skills with an ability to produce effective communication materials.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and project organizational skills.
- Ability to self-manage a project timeline from start to completion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in spelling and grammar.
- Strong creative, analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills.
- Ability to work with and blend stock and Museum photography.
- Ability to work eﬀiciently and eﬀectively with other internal departments to complete projects on time.
- Ability to be proactive and communicate any concerns or challenges as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain well-organized files throughout the entire design process.
How to apply:
For employment consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to the Junior Graphic Designer Form.