The International Spy Museum is a private nonprofit museum dedicated to educating the public about the world of espionage and intelligence through exhibits, educational programs, special events, and public outreach. Our Executive Director seeks an intern to work alongside the Historian & Curator.
The SpyCast Intern will work as a research assistant to the Historian & Curator and will assist with the SpyCast podcast, publications, and other ancillary research and administrative functions. This contracted position works closely with the Historian & Curator to (1) develop the intern’s capacity to undertake research and podcast production and (2) to increase the intern’s knowledge of history and international relations through the lens of intelligence and espionage.
Subject to Adjustment by Mutual Agreement
Working closely with the Historian & Curator, this work will focus on the following projects and deliverables:
- Work alongside the SpyCast host to plan, research, and produce our weekly spy podcast made available online via multiple platforms including the Museum website and Apple podcasts.
- Duties may include researching guest speakers, writing bios and book synopses, keeping updated records for current and future episodes, and coordinating schedules.
- Assist with research for publications, including organizing source materials, transcribing interviews, conducting archival research, and copy editing.
This internship is open to anyone currently pursuing their post-secondary pathway, including undergraduates, graduate students, and persons seeking a professional certificate or an associate degree.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Identify as:
- Having a strong interest in history and international affairs.
- Having an interest in communicating to a variety of audiences and dedicated to representing diverse stories and perspectives.
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Professional and approaches challenges with a positive attitude.
- An effective communicator who enjoys working in a team environment but can also easily tackle independent projects.
- Having a background in podcasting and recording a plus.
Hours and Compensation
Fall 2022 Internship
- 240 hours over approximately 10 weeks. Weekly hours and schedule will be determined based on department need and the student’s academic schedule.
- This is an unpaid internship with no expectation of compensation. The internship does not entitle, nor guarantee, the intern employment at the conclusion of the internship.
- The International Spy Museum offers academic credit for this internship. The Museum will work with the intern to complete all necessary forms to receive credit, but the intern is responsible for making all appropriate arrangements with their school.
How to apply
For consideration, please submit application materials online. This internship requires a resume, cover letter, and one letter of recommendation to be submitted by Friday, August 19, 2022.