The HR generalist performs human resources-related duties for 175 plus employees and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, benefits, recruitment, employment, and payroll and risk management.
- Assists with day to day operations of the HR department to include implementing human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with federal and state legal requirements.
- Conducts Employee Orientation for all newly hired employees and processes all paperwork associated with new hires including offer letters.
- Conducts all pre-employment screening for potential employees as well as conducts all background checks using ADP.
- Verifies all employment documents including new hire forms and I-9 documentation.
- Ensures the accuracy of benefits-related forms (Medical, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, COBRA and other ancillary benefits) from new and current employees. Oversees the processing of those forms and coordinates enrollment with third-party administrator using the online employer portal.
- Answers employee requests and questions in a timely and courteous manner.
- Oversees special events for staff by coordinating committees and schedules (All Staffs, Holiday party etc.)
- Responsible for placing open ads internally and externally (including through the DOES program – DC Department of Employment Services) and participates in hiring recommendations.
- Responsible for screening candidates for VP’s, Directors& Managers prior to bringing them in for interviews.
- Responsible for conducting employee assessments and coordinating assessment reviews with ESI (KTI).
- Attends meetings where HR requires representation (Operations Task Force Meetings, Value Team Meetings etc.)
- Responds to inquiries from employees regarding the organization’s benefits processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Coordinates distribution/communication of benefits & policies including but not limited to Medical/Dental/Vision, 401 K open enrollment, FSA & Dependent Care and employee handbook,
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Assists in legal HR compliance issues in relation to gathering confidential information.
- Assists in administration of company benefits programs.
- Responsible for HR related payroll changes including running payroll reports, entering employee information into HR Benefits, processing payroll and troubleshooting payroll issues.
- Responsible for all HR related invoices including processing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Creates and maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.Makes photocopies, scans and faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- ADP Payroll Certified or 2 years’ experience in Payroll
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in human resource operations
- Minimum of two years’ payroll experience in ADP Workforce Now
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Microsoft Suite, advanced Excel skills a plus.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize job tasks and stay focused on deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to recruitment
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to handle change rapidly and effectively
- Professional and great customer service attitude
- Enjoys working in a team
- Punctual and reliable
Submit a resume and cover letter to Humanresources@spymuseum.org by March 22, 2019. In your cover letter, please describe why you would like to work at the Spy Museum in the HR Department.
Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted.