The ideal candidate is the go-to person for all booked, walk up, and special event groups that arrive by bus or walk up to the Spy Museum. The candidate will also assist with the daily management of the staff, visitor operations, and other tasks as needed.
- Greet groups and ensure they have the best possible Museum experience. This includes Museum introduction, facilitate entry to the Museum in a timely, safe and orderly fashion, ensure groups that are scheduled for a special program are escorted to right place at the correct time, and serve as the Museum liaison with the group onsite contact.
- Train/Coach the Guest Services (GS) team to greet groups, assist with group entry, and finalize groups.
- Handle walk up groups.
- Collect payment for groups if necessary.
- Work with staff group booking contacts (Education and Group Sales) through regular meetings, verbal and written communication, and evaluation of processes and systems.
- Be a lead contact when on the floor by handling operations, dealing with customer service issues, and re-deploying staff as needed with approval.
- Supervise GS Operatives (ensure the daily schedule is being followed, review staff posts, facilitate breaks, etc.).
- Assist the with GS Manager’s team with staff training.
- Ensure all guests have an engaging and enjoyable Museum experience.
- Work with GS management team on organization upkeep of the ticketing counter and overall lobby and exhibition appearance.
Minimum Education Required:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Some College
- Candidate must be available to work a combination of mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Candidate must have superb social skills for interacting with the public and be comfortable speaking publicly to large groups of guests/groups.
- Candidate must show strong initiative, judgment/decisiveness, and be prepared to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- One year cash handling & customer service experience required.
- Supervisory experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Candidate must have clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurately collect and disburse cash
- Willingness to learn how to operate point-of-sale systems, and assist with opening and closing financial duties at all systems
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 22, 2019. In your cover letter, describe a situation in which you had to find a creative way to overcome an obstacle.
Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted.