The Guest Services (GS) Administrator serves as a key part of the Guest Services Management Team. The ideal candidate will manage the department administration, from internal and external communication to budget planning and support. The Administrator will also provide floor support in a supervisory role. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, desire to work in a team setting, and enjoy working with the public while supervising a guest relations team.
- A friendly, outgoing personality.
- A genuine interest in working with the public in an engaging, interactive setting.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, showing initiative to succeed within a team environment.
- Ready to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner.
- Utilizes standard operating procedures to resolve guest concerns and complaints in an efficient and effective manner. Communicates guest concerns/complaints to management and offers solutions to improve the overall guest experience.
- Administer Guest Services Department policies and procedures.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in compliance with HR policies, and also communicated to all other departments.
- Support with hourly hiring, to include but not limited to recruitment, screening, interviews, placement, paperwork, and training.
- Co-manage staff scheduling and daily deployments.
- Handle the department written and oral communication internally and externally (outside of Call Center responsibilities). This will include reporting, documentation, and other communication duties based on need.
- Support the GS Department budgetary process, to include but not limited to budget planning, payment requests, budget reconciliation, payroll, and forecasting.
- Work with GS Management team handling floor posts, supervising hourly team, and facilitating the Museum experience.
- Manage department inventory by tracking and replacing all department supplies as needed.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college preferred.
Minimum Experience Required
- At least 2 years of customer service experience.
- At least 2 years of administrative experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook; Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Experience using POS Systems.
- Candidate must show strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well within a team setting.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Guest Services Management Application Form.
Cover letter should include an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer.