The International Spy Museum seeks a Group Call Center Coordinator that will be the liaison between the International Spy Museum and its current and potential customers. The successful candidate will be able to accept ownership for responding to group visit inquiries and booking group visit reservations reflective of the highest quality experience. The candidate will effectively solve customer issues, complaints and inquiries and keep customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.
The successful candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, is well-organized, self-motivated, is energized by the Museum’s mission, and enjoys working in a fast-paced customer-oriented environment.
Core Position Responsibilities and Duties:
The Group Call Center Coordinator is often the first impression of the museum to those seeking to book a group visit. This position is the primary contact for scheduling and managing school and group visit reservations. This includes advising the group representative on aspects of their visit, booking the reservation in the Museum’s database system, tracking the reservation, and communicating with key staff regarding the reservation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supports the Sales Department in market specific reservations and sales, including but not limited to, research, sourcing, inquiries, scheduling, and data entry.
- Assists in scheduling birthday parties and visits by the Girl and Boy Scouts of America
- Communicates clearly and effectively with the Youth Education team to ensure that school/youth group’s needs are met through their choices of educational experiences.
- Responds to all group client inquiries in a timely and professional manner by phone and/or e-mail.
- Generates the group booking contract and ensures that all administrative aspects, including payment of the booking is handled.
- Provides group visit data to various departments upon request.
- Assists in the processing and invoicing of third party vendors.
- Sells programs and experiences to specific market segments.
- Seizes opportunities to enhance the group’s visit experience with add-on programs.
- Manages and updates the Museum’s customer databases.
- Frequently attends training and educational sessions to improve knowledge and performance levels.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Skills and Qualities:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Is poised and a calm demeanor in handling customer issues.
- Has an interest in the Museum’s content and a desire to learn the varied program offerings.
- Has meticulous attention to detail and organization.
- Enjoys working as a member of a professional team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is customer-service focused.
- Exercises good judgement in handling customer complaints and keeps the customer’s needs central at all times.
- One to three years of office administration and customer service experience.
- Has a college degree or an additional one to two years of office administration experience.
- Experience with data base or CRM systems, a plus.
- The standard work hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Weekend and evening work may be required.
To apply for the Group Call Center Coordinator position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should include an answer to the following question: A group does not show up for their prepaid visit and calls after the visit date for a refund. Their signed contract states no refunds. How do you handle the request?
As part of the interview process, you may take an assessment. EOE M/F