The Facilities Assistant position will support daily facilities operations, provide general labor, and assist with both reactive and preventative maintenance tasks. A major focus of this role will be the support of the Business, Educational, and Guest Services teams in the successful completion of Special events to include the set-up/breakdown of corporate, private, and group rentals. This position will receive cross-training from Facilities departmental team members to ensure that the built environment is consistent with the International Spy Museum’s high standards.
- Actively support an environment of creativity, teamwork, service excellence, fun, and diversity.
- Assist or perform solo the duties associated with events to include setups and tear downs, ensuring they are completed on time, and spaces are returned to their normal state in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform seasonal duties such as cleaning drains, pits, stairwells, green roof and exterior upkeep as required.
- Ensures that required documentation, operating logs, and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and are maintained in accordance with department standards/methods including electronic data entry.
- Carry and utilize issued communication devices for emergency response and daily communication.
- Assist with storm-preparedness and clean-up to include snow and debris removal.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of experience/need.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1 year of construction, facilities maintenance, or custodial experience preferred
- This position is designated as an essential staff member and the incumbent is required to report to work as directed or remain on post in response to extreme weather or emergency situations including but not limited to emergency/storm preparedness and snow/debris removal.
Please submit a resume and a list of three references to: email@example.com. Please put Facilities Assistant in the subject line when applying.