The Donor Relations Assistant is a critical resource on SPY’s Development Team, a team member we all count on to provide exceptional support in ensuring the highest standards in the administration of our fundraising engagement and stewardship and our membership program. This position interfaces extensively with members and donors and supports SPY’s fundraising efforts with database management, correspondence, event planning, and administration.
- Manages and updates donor and membership records and oversees proper listing of donors on website, printed materials, and Museum donor wall.
- Processes donations and prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence with donors and members.
- Partners with Membership Associate in executing all aspects of SPY’s membership program for individuals and families.
- Maintains updated donor prospect database with input from team members.
- Coordinates production and mailing/distribution of fundraising appeal letters, donor outreach and thank-you gifts, donor welcome packets, and membership promotion.
- Monitors and researches potential donors and identifies donor opportunities.
- Supports the Director of Philanthropy with scheduling, preparation of materials for key meetings and board engagement, and submission of proposals and sponsorship pitches.
- Supports cultivation and fundraising events set-up, coordination, promotion, logistics and execution.
- Provides staffing support for donor visits to the Museum.
- Creates monthly fundraising-related reports and metrics reports as requested.
- Supports the Director of Philanthropy and other team members in liaising with other departments.
Minimum Education Required
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of three years development or membership administrative experience, preferably at a nonprofit organization or cultural institution.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required for cultivation and fundraising events.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional judgment and ethical standards.
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator comfortable engaging in a variety of contexts with a diverse group of stakeholders and the public.
- Proven experience in accurately and responsibly handling financial information such as donation records and expense reports.
- Strong experience in Salesforce and Siriusware.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with event planning and logistics.
- Collaborative and service-oriented approach
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. Please include Donor Relations Assistant in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.