The Development Assistant is a critical resource on SPY’s Development Team, providing exceptional support in the administration of our fundraising activities related to donor stewardship, prospect research, special events, membership, and more. This position interfaces extensively with SPY colleagues in other departments, as well as SPY donors, members, Board members, and visitors and requires a high level of initiative and discretions.
- Contributes to updating and maintaining the department’s data management systems for donors and members.
- Assists with donation processing and the preparation of acknowledgement letters, sponsorship pledge agreements, and other correspondence.
- Supports the delivery of donor benefits, especially related to donor-sponsored events, salon events, and Museum visits and tours.
- Conducts research on prospective donors and grant opportunities, providing regular timely updates for consideration by development staff.
- Supports the Vice President of Philanthropy and the Director of Development with scheduling, preparation of materials for pitches and meetings, and board liaison.
- Provides logistical support for cultivation and fundraising events.
- Provides occasional support in the execution of special projects, mailings, and events for members.
- Serves as Development Team liaison to other SPY teams and oversees scheduling, digital filing systems, and frontline customer service.
- Other duties as assigned. Occasional evening and weekend work required for cultivation and fundraising event.
Minimum Experience Required
- Three years of professional experience, preferably at a nonprofit organization or cultural institution.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional judgment and ethical standards
- Dynamic self-starter able to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Skilled verbal and written communicator comfortable engaging in a variety of contexts with a broad group of stakeholders and the public
- Strong experience in database management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Collaborative and service-oriented approach
- Willingness to embrace the SPY culture and core values of Service Excellence, Team, Creativity, Diversity, and Fun!
How to apply:
To Apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Development Application Form.