Maintain both interior and exterior systems within the International Spy Museum domain. Under minimal supervision, determine and implement maintenance tasking at a high level of proficiency using a reliability centered approach. Tasks may require skills associated with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing during the upkeep or improvement of various property systems, structures or equipment. These may include but are not limited to electrical distribution, fire alarm, lighting, building automation, and/or boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical motors, variable air volume units, and frequency drives. Will provide expertise and assistance in daily operations, set-up/breakdown of special events and group rentals as well as exhibition projects utilizing various trade and supervisory skills.
- Monitor and maintain all physical assets, systems, and equipment throughout the Museum complex in accordance with departmental procedures
- Supervision and escorting of vendors and the generation of scope within contracted works
- Experience managing one or more concurrently running projects
- Under minimal to no supervision, must be able to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Under minimal to no supervision, must be able to provide cost estimating and Material Take Off (MTO) from blueprints, drawings, and construction documents.
- Experience with procurement and material purchase administration
- A strong knowledge of electrical systems, concepts and theory.
- A strong knowledge of plumbing systems and repairs
- A strong knowledge of HVACR/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Ensures that required documentation, operating logs, and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and are maintained in accordance with department standards/methods including electronic data entry.
- A strong comfort with computer software and digital communications
- Assist or perform solo the duties associated with special events and rentals to include setups and tear downs are completed on time, and spaces are returned to their normal state in a clean fashion.
- Carry and utilize issued communication devices for emergency response and daily communication.
- Assist with storm-preparedness and clean-up to include snow and debris removal.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of experience/need.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years construction and/or facilities maintenance
- Licensure as Trade Journeyman or Stationary Engineer preferred
- This position is designated as an essential staff member and the incumbent is required to report to work as directed or remain on post in response to extreme weather or emergency situations including but not limited to emergency/storm preparedness and snow/debris removal.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: email email@example.com. Please include Building Engineering in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.