SPY is searching for a top recruit to join their Facilities Team as a Building Engineer. The Building Engineer will perform general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of SPY’s systems, equipment, and grounds. The ideal candidate will work directly with the Facilities Manager to lead shift operations and direct vendors and subcontractors. Utilize advanced skills to schedule and perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of the facilities; mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as well as the interior and exterior general upkeep. Working under limited supervision, he/she will monitor building system operations and performance. The ideal candidate will utilize and share knowledge with the Facilities staff in trade skills such as Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, presenting several problem-solving options.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient in changing environments.
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner.
- Candidate must be prepared to embrace new tasks and working practices.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties in accordance with industry standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices, including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers, DX units, pumps, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
- Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities.
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- May be required to direct mechanics, technicians, and outside contractors on assigned projects and maintenance duties.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer’s recommendations and/or industry best practices.
- Under minimal to no supervision, must be able to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Assist or perform solo the duties associated with special events and rentals to include set-ups and break-downs completed on time, returning event spaces and ensure that event spaces are returned to their normal state in a clean fashion.
- Carry and utilize issued communication devices for emergency response and daily communication.
- Uses personal computer and/or mobile device for work order system and email.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of experience/need.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum 4 years of complete building operations experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Universal CFC certification and additional certifications in one or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, plumbing. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders, ability to lift/carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders, tables, chairs, stage sections) and safely install rigging/lifting devices.
- May be the only Facilities staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations.
- This position is designated as an essential staff member and the incumbent may be required to report to work as directed or remain on post in response to extreme weather or emergency situations
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Facilities Application Form.
No Phone Calls Please