The Accounting AR/AP Associate primary responsibility in the finance department is to:
- Review and reconcile daily receipt of cash / credit cards
- Processing non-inventory vendor / contractors’ invoices
- Processing employee business expense reimbursements and company credit card reconciliations.
- Perform Accounts Receivable activities including reconciling daily credit card and cash deposits, resolve cash / credit card discrepancies, lead on working with merchant processors and internal IT department as it related to AR salespoint system issues.
- Responsible for cash logistics and managing bank/armored car supplies.
- Perform Accounts Payable activities including processing vendor invoices, responding to payment inquires, processing credit applications, processing employee expense reimbursements, processing employee credit card reconciliations, and resolving payable discrepancies.
- Responsible for outstanding check register maintenance and preparation of DC’s Annual unclaimed property report.
- Maintain updated and accurate AP and AR reports.
- Mail, scan and file vendor/contractor payments.
- Responsible for maintaining actuate vendor/contractor records and ensure proper documentation such as W9s are obtained and filed.
- Prepares and distributes annual 1099’s.
- Ensuring all vendor expenses are processed in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for ensuring only complete, correct and properly approved vendor/contractor payment request are processed.
- Prepares and records miscellaneous cash and check deposits.
- Responsible for monthly safe audits.
- Assist in annual financial audit preparation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Controller.
Minimum Education Required
- High School Graduate with four or more years of experience in AP and AR.
- OR Associate degree in accounting or finance with two years’ experience in AP and AR.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 experience preferred.
- Paper Save and Netopia experience a plus.
- Microsoft SharePoint experience a plus.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office with expertise in Excel a must.
- Direct experience in AP with vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Direct experience in AR with credit-card reconciliations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to manage a vigorous set of deliverables through to completion.
- Must be flexible and work as a team-player within the department.
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive financial issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, perform several functions simultaneously and to prioritize work..
- Ability to work and interface with productively with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) including the desire to ask questions and learn from co-workers.
- Strong administrative and data management skills.
- Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner.
Submit a detailed cover letter, copy of your current resume and references to email@example.com. Please include Accounting AR/AP Associate in the subject line.